world's first electronic computer named ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator And Computer). Computers began to be built on May 17, 1943 as Project PX and built in the Moore School of Electrical Engineering since mid-1944, and officially is operated since February 1946 after a cost of $ 500,000. He then turned off on November 9, 1946 to be renewed and improved memory. ENIAC is disclosed to the public on February 14, 1946 at the University of Pennsylvania and moved to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland in 1947. On July 29 the same year, ENIAC is turned on and will continue to operate until 23:45 pm on October 2, 1955.
ENIAC is handled by a team which consists of eight women who programmed ENIAC to manipulate thousands kabeldan the switch, measuring 2.4 mx 0.9 mx 30 m, has 17,468 vacuum tubes, crystal diodes 7200, 1500 transmitter, 70.000 resistors, capacitors 100,000, 5 million soldered joints, and weighs 27 tons.